Golf Course Attendant
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to perform duties for golf course clubhouse and course activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides patron service for all golf course patrons.
- Knows and enforces rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
- Ensures all patrons have been registered or checked in for golf.
- Prepares, organizes and cleans all equipment (ex. washes golf carts, cleans restrooms and other materials used for golfing)
- Processes payments (cash, check and credit card) and must be able to make change, maintains accurate cash handling, opens and closes register.
- Handles patron issues.
- Takes orders, prepares and sells concessions and products available.
- Follows proper opening and closing procedures for facility.
- Follows all policies as outlined by the City of Owensville’s personnel policy manual and department policies and procedures.
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
- Represents our City in a courteous, professional and tactful manner.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
High school education or G.E.D. and three to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
High school education or G.E.D. and six to twelve months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Requirements – Certificates/Licensures
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass drug screening tests; initial and random
- Must pass physical screening
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of golf rules and regulations.
- Ability to read policies and procedures.
- Ability to write.
- Ability to speak effectively and courteously with patrons, both in person and on the phone.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to handle problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to carry out duties reliably and predictably.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Lifting, moving, pushing or pulling up to 50 pounds does not generally occur, but may occur when lifting boxes, supplies or a 5 gallon bucket of water, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed less than one third of the time to conditions such moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee may also be exposed to high, precarious places, and vibration. The employee may also be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. This position works scheduled weekends and holidays to meet the needs of customers of a 7 day/week operation during the golfing season.
The City of Owensville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.