Purpose of Position
Provides semi-skilled labor for maintenance of park, golf and waterpark facilities and grounds. Position may be assigned at different locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists in the maintenance of buildings and grounds of all City-owned parks property including repairs, painting and other related work
- Weed eat and push mow park system grounds, if 16 years of age or older
- Hand trims bushes and trees
- Pick-up sticks
- Weeds flower beds and landscaping
- Removes trash from containers in all the park facilities, golf course, or other locations.
- Deep cleans bathroom facilities within park system at least once weekly; service daily
- Evaluate priorities of the day at waterpark
- Assists with chemical maintenance at waterpark
- Vacuum pool
- Scrub zero depth entry and scum lines
- Skim pools
- Clean dirty areas of deck
- Check/empty/clean trashcans; wipe down to remove food, dirt or dust
- Check men/women restrooms, family restroom and park-side restrooms, clean/restock. Sweep up any bugs or litter, mop floor and dry with fan.
- Sweep bugs from guard room, mop if needed
- Sweep bugs & bird poop from deck
- Check landscaping and sidewalks for weeds and litter
- Check/clean windows
- Clean concession floors
- Straighten chairs
- Clean water fountains; shine with steel cleaner, occasionally
- Remove debris from deck drains
- Remove leaves/debris from fence line
- Check/clean out lockers
- Check/empty trash can in pump house
- Prepares for open/close of Waterpark swim season
- Participate in special city events (ex: parade)
- Represents our City in a courteous, professional and tactful manner.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs related duties as required and assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Every applicant MUST:
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Must pass drug screening tests (initial and random)
- Have maturity of judgment
- Work well with the Waterpark Manager/Assistant.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Requirements – Certificates/Licenses
- Must present a work certificate, given by the school district, if under the age of 16
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to read policies and procedures
- Ability to write
- Ability to speak effectively and courteously with customers, both in person and on the phone
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
- Ability to carry out duties reliably and predictably.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move more than 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The City of Owensville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.