General Information

City hall is located at 107 W Sears Ave. Owensville  65066

The City of Owensville has started effective August 5, 2019 to require All Home Occupancy permits either owned or leased properties.

CLICK HERE Home Occupancy Checklist

Private swimming pools, hot tubs, and spas, containing water more than 24 inches in depth shall be completely surrounded by a fence or barrier at least 48 inches in height above the finished ground level measured on the side of the barrier away from the pool.  Gates and doors in such barriers shall be self-closing and self latching. 

The City of Owensville has adopted ordinances to control orderly growth with the city limits.  All electric, plumbing and general contruction require a building permit.  Any building being erected, converted, enlarged, reconstructed, moved or structurally altered must meet these requirements.  Those who are planning any such work should contact the Building Code Official in advance to construction. 

Control is also exercised upon the location of any structure wintin the boundary lines of the said lot.
Building Permit

The owner of the animal is required to properly restain their pets.  Any dog/cat found running at large may be impounded at the owner's expense.  A durable rabies tag should be securely attached to the collar of your pet whenever outdoors.

If your pet is missing contact the Animal pound at 573-437-3422.

It is the responsibility of the property owner, renter, etc. to remove tall weeds growing on the property and to keep the grass mowed under 12 inches and the property free of trash, debris and clutter.

Pavilion Rental

Contact City Hall to reserve a park pavilion at 573-437-2812  If not rental and paid - then they are first come first serve 

Pavilion No 1  (McCan Drive)   $100                          Kitchen (memorial Park)          $50 with a $50 deposit, refunded if cleaned to satisfaction

Pavilion No 2   (McCan Dr)       $75                          Gazebo (Buschman Park)        $35

Pavilion No 3  (Walking Trail)   $50                           Pavilion No 4  (Walking Trail)    $45

Pavilion No 5  (Golf Course)    FREE                        Pavilion No 6 (Pool)                   $45

Pavilion No 7 (Winter)              $45                           Pavilion No 8 (Above Lions Field) FREE

Pavilion No 9 (Lion's Field)      $50                           Pavilion No 10 (Luster )              $35

Pavilion No 11 (Buschman/3rd) $35                        Pavilion No 12 (Buschman/4th)   $35

Department of Revenue 573-437-4182

Library 573-437-2188

Post Office 573-437-2332

Senior Center 573-437-3096

Helping Hands 573-437-8880

Dog Pound 573-437-3422

Assessor Office    573-486-3100

Circuit Judge Office   573-486-2631

Associate Court Office 573-486-2321

County Clerks Office   573-486-5427

Tax Collector Office   573-486-2711

Sheriff's Office    573-486-3880

To sign up for water and sewer service you need to stop by City Hall and complete a small amount of paperwork and provide your social secuirty card.  A $100 meter deposit is needed to turn on the water, homeowners are excluded from the deposit.

For more information you can call ahead at 573-437-2812.


For the latest information concerning COVID-19, please use the following links.

The City Hall lobby is open to the public. But if you wish you can continue to make utility payments by calling in with credit/debit card, use the dop box or mail in the payments. 

The park system is open as well as the Waterpark.